SYDNEY – oxford street, 11/21/08

1. Brigadeiro says:

Hm…interesting! :)

2. Sydney wins!
    Question for those Australians: How is the fashion sense in cities like Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane?

3. Brigadeiro says:

I’m from Adelaide…

4. Nicholas says:

the first girl is cute, but still a little messy.

5. I think the first girl is adorable. I love her outfit. ^_^

shite.. i think…. but there just arent many people there… brisbane for instance has about 3 or 4 million people… thats like New Zealand!

7. Re: Anonyme a dit…
    Well 3 or 4 million people are hell of a lot of people for 1 city. I guess you should be able to find a few hipsters amongst them?

For instance I am from Amsterdam and the city barely has 1 million inhabitants, still I find a lot of fashionable people.

However, are people in Melbourne and Sydney more fashion conscious over-all?

Brigadeiro, what do you think about Adelaide’s fashion then?

8. Nicky says:

love how the girl in the second photo has got the cool casualness going on! the oversized blazer waistcoat just makes it more interesting!

You should check out http://www.fashbashsoundclash.blogspot.com!

Nicky

Brisbane’s population doesn’t even reach 2 million.

There are people who dress well in every city, on a ratio to the amount of people there. Melbourne and Sydney just have a lot more going on in terms of the fashion, music scenes etc which carry people who dress a certain way. The “scenes” in the other cities are just smaller, less people, less going on.

A lot of Australian’s don’t give a toss about what they wear, especially if they live in hotter climates.. we don’t have the Euro “chic” traditionally classic style etc..

I’m from Perth and I reckon the fashion sense here is pretty boring. Girls in tight clothings and guys in t-shirts and jeans. It is getting better though, I see more ‘chic’ people around nowadays. It really depends on where you go as well.

11. TEXTSTYLES says:

piano+chanel+plaid
    incredible
    she’s sooo adorable

12. saro says:

So much the same, but still so different, amazing!

13. ŞeNaY says:

the first one has a unique style..great posts.

14. Brigadeiro says:

The Man who knew too much – Adelaide has around 1 Million people, so I think fashion-wise we are in the middle of the bell-curve (generally speaking) personally I don't see as many 'quirky' dressers, as say…Melbourne (nor as much black), nor as dressy as Sydney-siders.

I do see lots of cool outfits/people (mainly at night though, or at least almost on par with the photos I've been seeing here of Australians), there are certainly many fashionable people, but you may not see as many of them walking around during the day as you would in Paris, London, NYC…It also depends on the circles one moves in, I recently went to a party where everyone looked like they walked off a funky magazine shoot.

I don't think I represent Adelaide fashion in my dress sense (except in the fact that I 'tone down' and don't experiment as much, or dress up as much as I would, say…in London, so to a certain extent living in Adelaide has influenced what I wear, although 99% of my clothes are not from here).

Sorry to have talked lots & not said much at all…

15. Those who have answered. Thank you very much. It was exactly the information I was looking for.
    Going to Brisbane myself for 5 months (exchange) I am just curious. Of course I will visit Sydney, Melbourne and maybe Adelaide and Perth as well.

16. Maxie says:

# 1 = adorable!
    # 2 = tryhard.
    I can’t explain why, i just feel it from the image.
    maybe it’s because she has such a stern look on her face?

Melbourne really delivered far more than Sydney. And more quality.

the perth scene is very cool…there is a lot happeneing in perth and our music//art//fashion scene is vibrant and continually getting bigger and better!…i think Perth is right up there with Sydney & Melbourne…everyone one i meet also say perth has the best looking girls…Gemma Ward, Pania Rose, Jessica Gomes, Nicole Trunfio…perhaps because of the dutch mixes here, hey i even went to a private dutch school here ! = D

go to http://www.dropstitch.com for more on Perth street fashion.

19. Rita says:

I love the first girl’s vest… however, I seriously dislike the Louis Vuitton scarf(?) and the Chanel bag together… I mean… how many labels can you show off at once? It looks rather tasteless, I believe.

Her smile compensates for everything, though.

2nd girl is plain jane.

Yvan, when are you leaving Syd?
    we will miss you x

The first girl is awesoome <3

22. Karina says:

first girl is lovely

23. awwww the first pic is sooo cute!!

actually, its http://www.dropstitch.com.au. i love perth, but i just dont think its on par with other australian cities.

where can i get shades like that?

26. SUDDENLY! says:

LOVE THEM ALL!
    great works!

if you have the time, maybe you can check our blog http://suddenlysudden.blogspot.com/ and let us know what you think about our works.
    thanks

suddenly,

ghost girl & grim reaper

27. CHRISELLE says:

love the second outfit. the first outfit i would wear bits and pieces of it one at a time but maybe not all at once.

love ur blog! inspiration!

xoxo