BECAUSE OF THE RIOTS…

in Bangkok, the international airport is closed! So instead of Thailand, I decided I’ll visit Indonesia. I’ll arrive on Saturday in Jakarta where I’ll spend a few days and maybe swing by Bandung later on. I’m getting used to tropical heat, though. To be continued…

1. sandra says:

Erm, sounds a bit dangerous. Good luck trying to find style in Indonesia…

2. VI7V says:

Kuala Lumpur!

3. Lita says:

wow. i’m a huge fan. let me know where you’ll be ! you should check out the steve aoki and whitest boy alive gigs .

4. Brigadeiro says:

Bon Voyage! Stay safe ;)

5. tripiko says:

LOVE your blog
    LOVE your photos

6. ediot says:

take care and good luck- cant wait to see some new pics!

oh, i wish you'll take picture of girls with batik (traditional indonesian print). it's beautiful :)

ps: it's rainy season in indo. better watch out for the traffic & flood.

8. Cris says:

bon voyage!

9. kaamiye says:

I’m so happy you’ll stay in Jakarta for a while !

And there are funny styles in JKT though (sandra) !

Have a nice stay in my adoption country !

10. Etiquette says:

Thank god! Ive been worrying for u:P be safe!!

11. novy E says:

goodness! where are you going to drop by? wondering to see you, if i may.

12. Come to the Philippines if you’re just around :)

Here’s a suggested itinerary:

1. For your beach fix, hit Boracay. It’s got powder-fine white sand.

2. For your party fix, go to FLUXXE at past 12mn on a Thursday. Then hit Friday I’m in Love in CubaoX the next night.

3. For your shopping fix, go to Greenbelt 5 in Makati or hit the retro/vintage shops from where you partied on a Friday.

Go over my blog to get a picture of what Manila’s scene looks like: http://www.themonochromator.blogspot.com

13. Mer says:

good luck, keep it safe and take great picsss!!

14. Thank goodness, was thinking you might have already been there.

15. Just letting you know it’s not at all dangerous here in Bangkok. It’s been very over sensationalised. I haven’t seen a single protester.

But of course you can’t get in the country anyway. It’s a shame. You would have loved it here.

16. 181st Child says:

Have fun in Jakarta. You’ll be surprised how off their style are. Just hang-out at the hippest malls like the Senayan City or Pacific Place. Good luck!

17. This comment has been removed by the author.

Come to Tokyo!!

hey i’m indonesian and i live in jakarta so i know it like the back of my hand.

if you want to find nice style people go to CASA it’s a coffee shop above a book store (aksara) it’s in Kemang area, there you’ll find some nice-dressed people. (in general just hang around in kemang, cos it’s a hip area for young people in jakarta)

and of course just go to malls and there’re lots of chic people (i reccomend CITOS if you want to find a street style kind of thing, and you can go to Pacific Place or Senayan City to find a bit more posh kind of style)

gosh i can go forever..but you’l find lots of stylish people in jakarta easily..

bon voyage

Well, as an Indo myself from Jakarta. Don’t expect Indonesian to dress like New Yorkers, Paris Vogue or Japanese people. I personally more into Western style, more funky, street style, effortless just like in the US, Europe, etc. But in Indonesia, people dress more conservative, clean and neat. Some of them yes, dress like street style, something like Harajuku J Pop, but not overly dramatic as in Japan. In Asia, Abercrombie is a hit. LOL….Not my style either, probably since I’ve lived in US for 9 yrs now. Just think of Banana Republic, ZARA, Mango, Abercrombie and the most important thing that typical Indonesian girls like are nice handbags, from Hermes Birkin, LV addict, Chanel, etc. So, don’t expect too much of uniqueness or very stylist look. So again, they do dress nice, but not something like model street style or British look, etc. It’s HOT and HUMID for God;s sake. Traffic is crazy here. Same thing as I used to live in Singapore for 5 yrs back then. A lot of J Pop wannabes(no offense, that that’s the fact). A lot of Asian got inspired by Japanese look more than of US or Europe. Just enjoy, go to nice restaurant, clubs, lounges, etc. It’s a modern city after all. Get a yummie “nasi goreng” or fried rice in Bandung. I miss the food tough.

21. Nora says:

I like your blog a lot!!!

and as an Indo-girl in Holland I can’t wait to see al the goodness that you are going to find in Indonesia.

Good Luck!!

Why not come to Malaysia, Kuala Lumper after Indonesia? :)

23. Marsjä says:

Hi, I’m glad you’re going to Jakarta this weekend, it’s not as dangerous as it seems. Just wait and see. I used to live in Jakarta. You can hunt from around Kemang area, mostly they dressed up amazingly. Just for your picture about the style scenes in Jakarta you can check out http://jktstreetlooks.blogspot.com/

you should come back to singapore on dec 7th! steve aoki is going to be at zouk and that’s when all the fashionistas will appear!

25. kemi says:

omg its great that you’re coming to jakarta! yes you should try to come to the whitest boy alive/steve aoki gig, and you’ll be surprise Jakarta residents have GREAT style! :)

or SEOUL !!

27. DwD says:

wahoo cant wait to see the pic from jakarta and bandung! i wonder what kind of people and style you’ll be taking picture of.

28. I’m off to bangkok next tuesday, hope the airports are open by then! after bangkok then heading to jakarta and bandung…strange our travels are so similar! :)

you should come to South Africa next!

Please come to bangkok again

there is just only a few that make the situation worst but many Thai people are glad to see u …

the landing of Facehunter in Bangkok will be the next best thing after being struck with the stupid protest

….don’t hesitate to be here….

30. Reina says:

Now that you’re used to the tropical heat you should come to Venezuela next year.

;)