NYC – on the street, lower east side & soho, 09/03/08

1. Elisa Zoo says:

Belle photos!
    Bravo*!
    Les femmes have such fantastic shoes!

her feet seem rather large in the first photo.
    but her shoes are great so its ok.

3. JamieDOTBall says:

vely blend of styles!

although the necklace is alright, New York has SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much style to offer with its people that I think it is so unnecessary to present an outfit as generic and easily created as a HEAD TO TO American Apparel outfit, a big NONO and distinguishable from a mile away. To be unique and to be stylish is to create something a bit more creative than the EASY and attainable American Apparel.

5. nother says:

totally agree with anonyme..the ability to buy and wear lots of american apparel does not a style make.

The first and second woman should trade shoes.

thanx fot the proana-pics!

8. Geremias says:

wonderfull man!

9. Johanne says:

I want that black dress!

Well, American Apparel is the main (only?) advertiser on Face Hunter…
    Just sayin

The second look-
    is great

12. Oh please: I thought the readership of this blog would know that personal style is not who you wear but how you wear it. What a lazy criticism, “She’s wearing too much American Apparel.”

She looks beautiful, confident and most of all comfortable with herself. THAT is true style.

I agree with 3 column grid. plus. look at that necklace! rad!

sure, how you wear it is important, but having the same recognizable skirt as 535484 girls in nyc, yawn.

best necklace ever

hmmmmm….

to be distinguishable from a mile away
    now that is something!

seems it doesnt matter what you wear but how you wear it, and it obviously caught the attention of a very respectable fashion eye

i dont care much for the american apparel ads, but i would say nothing is a no no if it looks that good

beautiful dress。

18. lilinka says:

the second foto – very romantic! :)

19. Ygôre says:

true style is WHAT you wear AND HOW you wear it.

the idea behind it or the feeling that you have in your close doesn’t show up in a trashy ensemble.

20. MT-U says:

Nice post on nice blog, success!

Yawn… if I see another pair of wayfarers I’m going to scream! With the exception of the 2nd photo, they all look like everyone waiting for the L train at the Bedford stop. Blah.

a blog that is explicitly about style shouldn’t be content with just presenting beautiful young women. Whats in it for me, if they only wear AA? Why should I read it? I might as well just go to http://www.americanapparel.net and get the same value.

You know, what I’m trying to say here? I like most of the pictures here, but AA is not style, it is a uniform.

23. Mavis says:

the black dress is amazing

24. Anthea says:

What’s the big deal about American Apparel, I agree with 3 column grid. She looks fabulous and has created her own interpretation of the skirt to fit her style. I love the second girl’s black dress, gorgeous :)

Are you guys serious!? Lets put this into persepective, yes it comes down to how you wear it and now who you wear. For example, you go to a vintage store and find an amazing blouse and put it together with a pair of h and m pants and shoes you got from Saks and a purse out of your mothers closet, THAT IS HOW YOU WEAR IT. However, lets not pretend, putting a t shirt together from American Apparel with a skirt right next to it from American Apparel DOES NOT TAKE MUCH THOUGHT PROCESS STYLISTICTLY. That is what I am trying to say.

**DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THE LAST TWO, THAT WAS AN ERROR**********
    Are you guys serious!? Let’s put this into perspective, yes it comes down to how you wear it and not who you wear. For example, you go to a vintage store and find an amazing blouse and put it together with a pair of h and m pants and shoes you got from Saks and a purse out of your mother’s closet, THAT IS HOW YOU WEAR IT. However, let’s not pretend, putting a tshirt you bought at American Apparel with a skirt right next to it from American Apparel DOES NOT TAKE MUCH THOUGHT PROCESS STYLISTICTLY. That is what I am trying to say. I have seen the manikins in the windows of AA with the same outfit times about 500 or how many other stores AA has, plus the shop girls that wear it, plus the plethora of girl you see with that exact same outfit or perhaps with a tank top tucked in or what not. In the end, there is nothing to pull off or not pull off when it comes to that and with something as easy and as convenient as grabbing a skirt and a t shirt from AA does not make me think STYLE when I see it on someone, I think GENERIC. P.S. I didnt even notice AA was the sponser, haha.

27. lanosta says:

yeah,,it’s so very 80′s style…

28. valerie says:

what a great eye! they are all wonderful.

29. emc says:

just because it is recognizable does not discredit how stylish it is. what is the issue, really?

The black dress is from Henrik Vibskov SS08

31. CW says:

American Apparel is not 80′s. It is entirely the product of our own generation, and is extremely representative of that. Time to take some responsibility, guys.

And I want to point out, American Apparel Alice over here didn’t ask for her style to be scrutinized, and one picture is hardly a complete overview. Girl might just be running to work. (At American Apparel)