AD

After almost 2 years, I finally decided to include some advertising here.
Don’t worry,
I’m not gonna be the slave of any brand and
I’m not gonna become the master of mainstream,
Face Hunter is gonna keep being Face Hunter.
This banner is just here to enable me to keep doing what you see every day and hopefully to explore new territories.
I hope you’ll understand.
Yvan

1. Aline Aiba says:

face hunter will be always face hunter… we understand and support..
    kisses from a brazilian fan

2. proxikid says:

I fully support.
    I work in advertising and I think it’s fabulous!

Thats fine, so long as the banner doesn’t mess up your page. It’s overlaping everything.

you gotta do what you gotta do.
    no hate, only support.

thats what they all say

fuckin sellout

6. Jeff says:

La publicité semble moins intrusive quand ce sont les modèles AA. Bon travail Yvan ! Passe de bonne fêtes.
    Bises

yvan i totally support you, and american apparel is a good brand for starters since it sort of fits the site’s image.

You’ve given so much to us now it’s time you get paid so you can give us even better…

keep up the good work!

dolceaddict

8. Dasha says:

the problem is that I can’t see the text because of the F ad.

9. katja says:

a boy’s gotta live. i’ve always had a lot of respect for you for not having any ads up this whole time. but really, i’d totally do the same.

10. Chris says:

don’t sweat it

11. victor says:

ads are ok, overlayers are not

The subject of this blog is quite precise and a passion for visitors so i guess there will be a lot of clicks. Moreover, fashion ads are mostly more beautiful than others.

12. dévisageur says:

Hello everybody,
    I’d like to fix the ad layout problems.
    If you experience any overlayers,
    let me know which brownser are you using.
    With Firefox and Safari, there’s no problem.
    Thanks,
    Yvan

overlapping on safari…

14. dévisageur says:

and if you enlarge your window, does it change anything?

It doesn’t overlap the photo’s, but does overlap the text on safari.

16. headmistress says:

I’m on safari and the ad is showing fine. (or maybe you’ve got it fixed already.)

In an ideal world this would be ad free, but I guess if a few pesky ads mean you can get more beautiful shots… so be it. Just don’t lose your heart to the money-machine, Yvan!

Well, the Sartorialist does it, and it works in ok. But I think you should choose your advertising better.

I am disappointed, because I don’t think it fits with your ‘brand’. It would be nice if you figured out another way to do this.

And if you can’t – then use better, more edgy ads. This is meant to be an edgy blog, not a mainstream one, which is where I think the advertising you have now, and your images (which are more experimental than mainstream – and therein lies their success), clash.

I remain a supporter, and I hope you can work it out. But I do think you need to come up with a better solution than this – and remove the ad until you can fix the overlapping. It looks very unprofessional as it is. My first reaction was – wtf is this thing doing blocking the photo. My second was to leave. Until I read your explanation. I hope you can resolve it soon.

Good luck, and best wishes.

An honest fan (who makes huge money in a creative way without compromising) XO

good for you! we get it. we know the difference. we know you’re fabulous and deserve some coin for it!

19. Girl says:

… and of course it’s AA.

Just kidding; I love you.

It’s working just fine on Safari for me. Just keep the ads for responsible, design-conscious companies that make nice-looking, unobtrusive ads, and it’s so fine.

I honestly didn’t even really notice it when I came to your site today; I was more focused on your beautiful photos… !!

20. Girl says:

Note: Over-lap on Safari for really small windows. But I mean REALLY small windows.

21. emliy says:

i’ve got an overlap on safari too. think you need to investigate….

23. hadass says:

this advertising issue is just like fashion itself- the compromising will be there, no matter what- because of the weather,your body size, your budget or even the simple requirment of being dressed…

Totally understand! I am glad this will enable you to do what you love and for us to continue to enjoy Face Hunter.

25. marta says:

kisses from poland!
    support!!

“Well, the Sartorialist does it, and it works in ok”

oh please! The Sartorialist bent over & allowed Conde Nast to fuck him in the ass a long time ago … He’s horrid!

27. Ryann says:

Right on. I love this site, truly one of the only street fashion blogs worth any time. The ads are unfortunate, but keep up the good work.

28. lara says:

I see the problems that some people have mentioned here, and a ad-less site would be cool. But I understand. Keep doing your thing Ivan, facehunter will always be awesome

“Well, the Sartorialist does it, and it works in ok”

I meant it works ok on the browser without overlapping. But since you’ve brought it up, he’s a good example of a site that uses advertising – you think advertising is NOT about fucking someone in the ass?

Neither A.A or any other advertisers give a damn about this site. They are just using the cool factor of Ivan’s photos to sell their clothes. He may get some money in the short term, but it makes it look like he is compromising. He’s compromised in one way, why not another? It takes away from the sincerity of the work, therefore the longer term value of his work. I’m sorry Ivan, this has just put me WAY off.

And who wrote this, someone form A.A?! Puke. Next step is product placement (which this comment suggests anyway). UGH.

“American apparel is such a perfect advertiser since so many of your subjects wear their clothes in the pictures. I love seeing how different people creatively integrate the basic A.Apparel designs to create a unique look.
    Keep up your always fab work and congrats on getting such a great advertiser! (you deserve it!).”