PARIS – fashion week: ready-to-wear ss 08, 10/04/07

I can’t believe this. Paris has nothing to say?
    #1 looks like she doesn’t have a mirror
    5# is so plain she makes me yawn
    6# how can she get away with going out in paris looking so trashy???
    for the first time sartorialist is doing better than you !!

2. Fruchtzwerg says:

I still love Susie Bubles outfit…

yepp that’s the only good one, and the guy.
    the standard is dropping…

#6 may be trashy, but i’m not offended. i sort of love it; it’s daring! can any of YOU say you’d honestly wear an outfit like this w your girls all out and look this bad ass? don’t hate ’cause you ain’t… that’s all i have to say. :-)

Maybe because they think your “standard” is boring. I doubt you’re able to dress as well as the Parisians!

Don’t tell me … the bitchy comments come from the US, probably New Yorkers. You people should get out more.

I live in London and believe me. I’m not liking
    I have nothing against being outrageous or flashy or elegant if it has been done well.
    but #6 looks like she’s really trying and not really acheiving, she can’t even achieve cliche status which is sad, not bad ass.
    this is for whoever that said don’t hate cause you ain’t.. don’t think that all these comment are written by sad looking people!! I think you should get out more.

8. Candid Cool says:

no 2 and the last one are my favorites.

when did these blog comments become so aggressive? fashion is a form of personal opinion. we all have our own. if one type of fashion isn’t for you, you don’t have to berate it; that’s all i’m saying. “don’t hate ’cause you ain’t” means if it isn’t for you, you don’t have to necessarily attack someone else’s form of personal expression. i would never have the balls to dress like that, so i applaud her for her temerity. however, i find it a bit presumptuous to assume that she (a complete stranger) has no class or whatever it is you’re trying to say about her character just because she dresses different than what you may consider to be tasteful. and this is coming from a native chicagoan (a city whose style tends to be much more conservative than london. can fellow chicagoans who’ve been to UK second that?) lastly, -not to single you out any more- but it bugs me when people throw around the term cliché. be kind. these may be pictures, but these are real people in these pictures.

In my mind, this is as good a post as any of the facehunter. Mr. face is looking around him, without partiality to any preconceived idea of style. If i may say so, this post sums up all kinds of paris fashion week looks, good and bad – and that’s the beauty. And we love all fashionistas and fashionistos, don’t we? just because this is what they are. and because Yvan shoots it so well…

11. WendyB says:

Nice…an anonymous person making generalizations about New Yorkers. Very classy. And what part of the world are you from that is so enlightened and perfect? Before I got annoyed, I was going to say that this New Yorker always loves seeing Susie Bubble. Susie has a real sense of adventure. I also like the attitude that #6 is throwing…fun. I enjoyed this series of pictures. I thought Facehunter’s intention was to give an idea of what was going on stylewise, rather than enforcing rules about what’s in or out.

12. boy-in-paris says:

hahaha I bet all the defensive comments are written by the girl#6 or one of her mates?? I don’t see why you think she’s so ballsy to wear a tshirt and shorts, so what that you can see one nipple. I’m not offended either but i was hoping for more fashionweek looks, i went to the boombox party and it wasn’t that great but there are a lot of fashionable people in town so maybe some more of that and less boombox kids in paris
    we still love your blog yvan.

13. be-fabulous says:

Voici le lien vers notre blog qui suit jour après jour les actus de la fashion week : le défilé Balmain est en ligne. On espère que tu aimeras. Bon visionnage

14. wow, is #7 actually wearing THE shoes?? THE Prada shoes??? I absolutely adore them

15. Hi Yvan. Please remember to contact me when you come to Stockholm. Kisses

16. princessa says:

all in all, fashion students are generally NOT chic.

17. I love the 3rd, 6th and 7th photos :)

18. Lady Smaggle says:

Susie Bubble always looks splendid and I love the validation of her on her site because it shows that she wears her funky ensembles out the out town and not just infront of her full length mirror. I love every post you do… I think you see amazing things in people.

19. Love #1′s curly hair and shirt, Susie’s headgear, #6′s badass black hair and fringe (I personally think she looks great, heaven knows what everyone’s griping about) and the last gentleman’s necktie/scarf.
    Nice set, Yvan.

20. poshpalette says:

finally i see susie’s face.
    i like them all.
    :]

21. dévisageur says:

Hello dears,

Thanks for the debate, I find it interesting and funny.

For those who like to talk about the origins of my “models”. I’ld like to speficy that 90% of the people I shoot during Paris Fashion Week are not French and even don’t live in France.

Thanks for the support.

22. Alli says:

I love Susie’s outfit and the girl in the second to last photo.

I think it’s originality; not following the herd; being a little daring; not trying to be fashionable. If you have your own style, you don’t follow trends.
    (The bubble effect starts from the streets and filters through the catwalks, designers are now taking inspiration from thous on the street, the wonderful trashy ones pictured above).
    Celebrity fashion, such as getting the latest “it bag”, puts pressure on people, and it’s not necessarily
    stylish.

24. Louise says:

I love Susie Bubble!

And isn’t #6 Natasha Khan (Bat for Lashes)? I think she’s wearing pasties and not actually showing her chest… I think.

25. Maria says:

FKN fantastic idolized nipples batman! I’m in awe of number 6!
    She is like the most outregeus sexy woman IN CENTURIES! Go girl!

Hahah oh number 6…

I sort of undressed her with my eyes… and I’m a girl. I can only imagine what a boy feels when he sees her like that.

27. Jeff Skal says:

In love with #6.

i just noticed that susie bubble can wear what looks to be a strapless bra over the last layer of her clothes and look fabulous but -according to some- #6 shouldn’t be permitted to dress as provocative as she pleases. interesting double standard. perhaps some of us are just subconsciously biased towards susie because we have enjoyed her blog for a while and, therefore, feel as though we may “know” her better?

Number 6 = Misshapes-esque mediocrity

i love 3 and 6′s outfits

#1 is a creative genius! love it

32. sarah says:

“when did these blog comments become so aggressive? fashion is a form of personal opinion. we all have our own. if one type of fashion isn’t for you, you don’t have to berate it; that’s all i’m saying.”

Jesus – THANK YOU! Somebody had to say it! Isn’t that the point of this website? To showcase people who think outside of the norms of fashion? Kudos to you Yvan, keep doing your thing. I like seeing susie bubble even though her outfit isn’t something I can do, and I applauded her for doing it. And I love those pradas.