LONDON – boombox, tabernacle + grill room, cafe royal, 06/05/07

1. alexa says:

this is one of the best sets i’ve seen here. amazing, as always.

2. kutch says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

the last girl is hot!! love the stockings!

KKK=high fashion? sorry, no.

Could these people take theirselves with greater self-conscious? Jeees. If I found myself at a party with them I’d shoot myself at the spot. Relax people.

KKK??????? what the fuck

7. K-Y-M says:

Haha,KKK isn’t the only ones who uses hoods.. This is KOMAKINO, who collaborated with Levi’s recently. I Love it! It’s a Italian/Korean partnership based in London.

8. Candid Cool says:

2: so sweet & pretty
    4: the vampire lestat
    5: i admit to liking the slim trench & hat
    8: lovely the hat

yikes, that hood is way too KKK for comfort…some lines should just not be crossed.

yeah, sorry. freedom of expression and all, but the KKK hood is just never okay.

11. dani says:

No one else noticed Adam Ant?

Alors c’est toi Face Hunter…

Viens faire un tour sur mon blog.
    Moi aussi The Snake m’a inspiré

Bonne continuation.

13. Jennine says:

wow… che caberet!
    ; )

14. Hanna says:

that third pic is a bit too KKK for me to feel ok about it.

15. Second to last girl… hat with the lace netting thing… awesome!!

16. Also, for the KKK comments… um, yes I’m definitely also against the KKK, of course. BUT maybe, just maybe, since the wearer is asian (none of this applies if I’m wrong about that, lol), it’s more of a statement against KKK? Like, a sort of f-you to them? Maybe it was meant like that… or some sort of daring irony. Who knows. Just sayin’…

Most people are pretty dumb. When an outfit invites for reflection, as a spectator one might easily stand alone with thinking about what it is intended to express. “I just like it”, or “it is ironic” belong to the more sophisticated answers. As much as I like fashion and hope for it to be more, it often turns out to be a delusive shell as soon as the wearer opens his or her mouth.
    I think we just habve to accept it.

18. Candid Cool says:

I’m gonnna have to go with ^Anon on this. It’s the only way I can account for the “yassir arafat” scarf phenomenon, it annoys me that they are even called that, by people who I’m doubtful are really aware of what they represent.

Bunch of Americans provincal twits. Like they’re the ones that invented the pointed hood.

Hello America: STOP PROJECTING.

The Spanish Roman Catholic Nazareno hood worn during Holy Week certainly has nothing to do with “the KKK”. It predates the founding of your stupid, backwards nation by several centuries.

If you can’t handle international fashion, then kindly return to your Walmarts,your McDonalds fat-burgers, and your insipid movies that keep telling you over and over “USA! USA! USA!” is at the center of the universe.

And stay away from international fashion sites.

It’s like you bunch of backwater swine can’t handle me asking for a fag. Oh no! That’s homophobic!

To a three year old, perhaps. Which is all your country is: A bunch of overgrown babies who cry far too often and far too loud.

Go away. Stay away from the global world which obviously too complex and nuanced for you. No one will miss you ugly americans with small minds at all. Stupid gits.

The hood does appear to be more riffing on the Spanish Nazaero hood and “The DaVinci Code” secret religious society themes.