SAO PAULO – spfw shows, bienal, 01/27/07

1. luxuryduck says:

oh my sweet lord…it’s like a carnival sideshow of outfits.

just what is that red thing that the gender-ambig-person is wearing? i am kinda scared…

love from sydney,

luxuryduck

2. Dali says:

Gah!

I love androgyny, but when the androgyny is borderline transvestite,(i.e: The guy in red) that is when i object, it is really unoriginal, it’s supposed to be shocking, but we’ve seen it all, otherwise, good work!, the fashion sense in Brazil is distinctly different than in Europe, yet still intriguing.

i love the:
    girl in the zebra/ white tiger pants
    older woman with the beaded collar
    boombox t-shirt
    simple orange & pink dress
    it all looks so fresh!

the boy dressed like a madame is contrived and silly.

4. Candid Cool says:

great 1st skirt, like her shades too
    i love everything about the 2nd woman!

I love this entire set of photos! Why all of the negativity toward the boy in red? These are not the kind of comments that I expect to read here at the facehunter. How can you assume that he was trying to shock? Maybe he is very insecure about his fashion sense and it takes a lot of his bravery to actually wear what he wants. I think he looks great!

6. eurobrat says:

I want to marry femmes 1 and 3. Like, I’m on my knees right now. Amazing style.

7. I absolutely LOVE this entry! Dude with the head scarf is fierce. Girl with the fireworks sweatshirt is so new rave. Lady with the white dress is so indie. love love love the style~~~~~~

8. vodca barata says:

the “red thing that the gender-ambig-person” is dudu bertholini, designer of Neon. he’s the cutest sweetes person!

9. Lacey says:

I think no.2 is quite lovely and unique and I love ethic (the African influence throughout her outfit & accessories), yet elegant styles… beautiful

10. marina says:

Hi. Are you interesting in a link exchange with my blog ?
    Marina

11. jess says:

The thing in red may be the nicest person. But, calling attention to oneself through shock value is sooooo demode. Besides that tranvestites belong in the Bois de Boulogne.

12. Camila. says:

I just looove brazilian style!
    i saw u at spfw…handsome boy..

I agree with the people scared by the guy in red. he in totally unoriginal. End os the day he is ugly and a sad figure. does he represents the brazilian sensuality?

those foregone conclusions are laughable.

go get a job.

15. mareGa says:

gasp…how do you manage to find the skinniest little things? even in brazil! the mother of curves and samba! i doubt the fact of that representing brazilian style/beauty, but anyway, i suppose you were with the fashion shows pals, so, is understandable.
    however, those are some beautiful outfits and shots. great job.

God !!!
    The guy in red is Dudu Bertolini designer of Neon. He is a very stylish man.
    He don´t represents the brazilian sensuality. He just wear what he like. That´s it!
    The people conclusion is so prejudiced about brazilians style and brazilian way of life.
    Guys, look forward.

Ana Paese
    Brasil

17. S. says:

pink and purple and brown, delicious

is the girl posing under a tree and wearing a white dress Cibelle (the singer)?

19. Miriam says:

Ohh, the first girl is fantastic! I love people who dare to pose. The girl with the white dress, the red belt and golden sandals is also sweet.

20. Miriam says:

Ohh, the first girl is fantastic! I love people who dare to pose. The girl in the white dress, the red belt and golden sandals is also sweet.

21. Ai!, eu adorei a moça da saia, a nº1 de facto, a contar de cima pois, she take my breath away, is on the radio. Ai!, posso falar português?, alguém tem a bondade de traduzir para inglês, sim? Eu sei que não é de louvar. I´m sorry to speak in portuguese. Maybe i came later to translate. Ela apareceu já num post anterior de calções curtinhos, e de corpeto, com uma máscara na cabeça e uns sapatinhos altos muito finos e caros. Lindíssima a menina. Sabem quem é?

To the photographer, thanks. Beatifull work.

The older woman in black looks like an alien standing in front of her spaceship.

23. sam drade says:

i luv transvestites! uiuiui

there are so many different outfits here they all have there own special look. oh how i love it.

i loved the spfw pics!!!
    u should come to fashion rio too…
    rio also have very good looks 4 u to shoot!
    i loved the blog, congrats!

26. Very nice picture in this blog!

27. Livia says:

Everybody said that the guy in red is cheap and “insecure about himself”, but.. hey, how can a guy wear a red dress and be insecure about his style? “it’s supposed to be shocking”. Not at all, actually he always dresses like that. I mean, he’s kinda a big deal here in Brazil. I guess what bothers most of the people who comment here is that we’re not afraid of what the other will say about ourselves, we just wanna feel good (in this hot hot country).